Release notesRelease: 5.8 - Version: 20210413-05
- Parser: In the praser, the 'line' element (created by 4 dashes ----) has been revised and the distances or returns to it are displayed correctly (new regex).
- Parser: The Toc-ID (ID for the automatically generated table of contents) was set too often and could therefore be found several times in the source code. The error is now fixed and only one Toc-ID is displayed per page.
- Parser: Fixed HTML error in the smileys.
- Microsoft's channel9 videos work again on the detail pages. The display error is fixed.
- Internal: Migrated the overview 'Recent articles (last 90 days)' under /content/ to our new framework (incl. English version).
- Internal: Migrated our release notes to the new framework.
- Internal: Migrated our profil page to the new framework.
- Took out the canonical URL from the error pages. This apparently confuses the search engines. Bing notes that.
- Various CSS fixes for the profile and RSS view.
- If the plus sign was set in the header text formatting but there was no header, an empty HTML header was created. The error is fixed now.
- The headers in the text formatting have been renumbered internally. The title of an article is always automatically the h1 header. Therefore all further headers are incremented by one. In the article, the first header (one plus sign) then starts at h2. The second header (two plus signs) then starts at h3 and so on. So our pages have a correct header structure again. Use the header formatting for your headlines!
- To make the source code of an article more readable in the editor, we have reduced the automatic spacing of header headings and code blocks. I.e. if you want to have a distance between the elements, you can control this yourself with Return. Possl is an adjustment of existing articles necessary, so that the distances are correct again. I think, in the long run, that it is better if the user controls the spacing in his article himself. It also makes the text in the editor by the return spacing much more readable.
- The automatically generated table of contents via [[toc]] has been revised and visually improved.
- Updated the rights management for moderators. Moderators are now no longer limited to individual topic tags. They can edit all articles and comments in all topic tags.
- Profile view: moderators info updated.
- Internal: Complete user rights management replaced. Unfortunately, I had to adapt every file that has to do with rights management. I hope I did not make any mistakes. If something does not work as it should, please send an internal message. Thanks!
- Fixed scrolling error in custom select boxes.
- Intern: Help index update
- The maximum height of our select boxes under Edit (Article and Edit) has been increased by 100 pixels.
- Job Edit: The standard select boxes have been replaced by our own select boxes incl. search field.
- The overview page of our RSS feeds has been revised and integrated into the new framework.
- The Job RSS feed is working again with current job offers.
- The 'topics/categories' are now called topic tags and have been migrated to the new ArangoDB.
- The theme overview is now running under the new framework and has been updated with a new overview of the tags and their urls. It has got a new URL: /tags/
- All topics got new urls (/t/$tagname). So you can find e.g. Linux articles under /t/linux. An overview of the urls can be found in the new tag overview under: /tags/.
- The theme detail page was revised, integrated into our new framework. The default time of each tag was set to 'any time'.
- The Mordertors overview was revised and got a new URL: /moderators/
- The moderator overview for contribution messages has been integrated into the new framework and slightly revised. It also got a new URL.
- Small text changes for the article type when editing articles.
- The article type 'General articles' can now also be marked as 'solved' (like questions). 'General articles' are assigned to the forum.
- A 'solved' comment can now be reset to 'unsolved' by the author of the article.
- Added the selection 'Dashboard' at Settings -> Login Behavior.
- In your own profile there is now a link 'Dashboard' (next to Settings), so you can quickly switch to your dashboard.
- Job detail: For own job offers, the number of calls is now also displayed.
- Job Edit: Runtime information added.
- Intern: Add maintenance for jobs
- The job overview was updated and company logos were added.
- The job search has been revised and is now significantly faster.
- On the details page for comments that have been 'hidden', removed the user link if the user has signed out.
- If a user with @ sign is addressed who has logged off in the meantime, his old user ID is now displayed instead of the original user name. This way, deleted users remain anonymous even when quoting.
- General articles are now correctly counted and considered in the user statistics and points.
- We have reduced the points in the point system for a job offer to 0.5.
- Top teasers on the home page did not wrap properly if the title was longer than the images. This CSS error is now fixed.
- The dashboard (in the member menu) has been revised and adapted to the new framework. Here you can find all the content you have written.
- In the member profile we have generally removed the list view. Those who want a list view of their content can use the dashboard in the member menu. The list view was very rarely used.
- Job offers do not appear in the profile for the time being. This has something to do with the database conversion MySQL->ArangoDB. We will revise the profiles in the future and add a new job overview to the profile after the DB conversion.
- The print output of job offers is now realized via CSS @print and is no longer an extra print page.
- The new jobs all got a new ID (these are now coming from ArangoDB). For the next 6 months both the old and the new IDs and links will work on the page.
- Under 'Edit job' you can now add a logo.
- Details page: Revised the reference for older articles.
- The email confirmation process has been revised and improved.
- The mail for confirming the email address has been improved.
- We have completely disabled the detection of ftp links (ftp://) in the text parser. I don't think you should link to real ftp hosts here.
- Fix a link Problem with deleted User in Quotes.
- Fix a Problem on E-Mail Activation
- Fix a RegEx Problem with our URL recognition in the text parser
- Fixed a bug in the messaging system.
- Performance error in the DB fixed.
- We have renamed the post type 'IMHO' or 'Opinion' to 'Blog'. From now on you can add your own blog posts here.
- We have renamed the article type 'General knowledge article' to 'General article' and moved it to the forum area (previously it was assigned to knowledge). Under 'General' users can introduce themselves, share dates, etc. Everything that is not a question, but still belongs in the forum area
- Took 'Links' out of the 'Notifications'. The 'Links' section was already discontinued a year ago.
- Detail view: text size of comments adjusted to that of the article.
- Fix List Bug in Text-Parser
- In the footer there is now the link 'Cookie settings'. This allows you to open the cookie query again at any time.
- Adss some Banner to english Version.
- Internal: We now also have our own URL redirector for mailings.
- Fix new line Bug in magazine detail view.
- BUGFIX: The moderator comment is displayed correctly again.
- Intern: Our 'parser' is now a separate project.
- The new Mail Bounce Manager starts its work.
- If an email address has been marked as 'invalid', you will now be automatically redirected to the mail settings after login.
- Internal: Lib info Update
- Internal: Change src path
- Internal: Change config method
- Repair job search
- Internal: Structure Update for framework
- When editing a comment, 'undefined' was displayed as a message when an error occurred. The error is now fixed.
- SRI Hash Update for snigelweb werbe script
- The first part of the new blocking system for users who violate our policies is ready for use. We also already have the first prominent user for it.
- Internal: Edit and create comments switched to the new framework.
- Internally revised and improved the 'getStringParam' parameter query. With this no XSS attack should be possible anymore.
- Internal: The comment overview switched to the new framework
- Fixed an error when logging in to the page.
- Fixed a bug in some Canonical links
- The smileys :-/ and :-\ both work now. Both stand for confused
- Bugfix: When an article was closed, the note about it was not displayed at the beginning. This error is now fixed.
- The notice whether an article was solved or closed is now displayed in the tag list and no longer directly next to the title. Should be clearer that way.
- The caching system now respects the language of an article.
- Fixed a bug in the cache management. This led to the fact that here and there no comments were displayed.
- locked / locked from to
- Bugfix: Added missing icons when editing articles.
- Improved the overview of upload images when editing an article.
- Fixed several CSS errors.
- Fixed double H1 error in user profile.
- Google+ Link removed from profile (if specified).
- Improved the print output of the details page.
- When printing the detail page, the code boxes are now printed correctly and in full length.
- The reporting function on the details page has been revised internally.
- The sorting of comments on the details page works again.
- All icons on the details page have been replaced with SVG icons.
- Changed the article page to the new framework.
- Changed the job page to the new framework.
- The overviews of the job detail pages simplified and made clearer.
- When editing or adding comments, enlarged the icons for formatting and tried our new tooltip plugin for the first time.
- Revised the sidebar on the details page. There are now articles for 'Questions' and ‚Knowledge ' in the sidebar. Under 'Knowledge' all previous post types (except questions) are summarized (also the previous 'Ticker').
- Redesigned the reference to older articles on the details page (article older than 4 years etc.).
- Bugfix in the new top teaser on the home page. Cache added.
- Fixed a bug in the banner ads on the detail pages.
- We separate, as requested by many users, the content again into two areas: Questions (Forum) and Knowledge.
- The ticker content (information) can now be found under 'Knowledge', just like the General articles and the IMHOs.
- On the home page, all content is displayed chronologically (questions and knowledge).
- Renamed the main menu 'Discover' to 'Knowledge' and adjusted the content of the page accordingly. Knowledge posts are all post types except for the questions.
- Renamed the main menu 'News' to 'Forum' and adjusted the content of the page accordingly. In the forum you see only questions.
- When editing articles, adjusted the pulldown for the article type and added the Forum and Knowledge group.
- Since the items Questions (Forum) and Knowledge can be found in the main menu again, the corresponding menus have been removed from the item 'More'.
- The overviews for 'Ticker' and 'General articles' have been removed.
- We have redesigned the top articles banner (at the top of the home page). So you can better distinguish these articles from the new content. The article images, come from the respective topics and will be replaced later by new and higher resolution images (after the DB conversion).
- Under 'Discover', all articles that are not a 'question' are now summarized. This way you can filter out knowledge posts immediately. Maybe this works better, let's test it.
- The article types a little better explained on the 'Edit article' page.
- Users who are no longer members will no longer be linked in the articles and overviews. Also the profiles can no longer be accessed. From now on a 404 page will appear.
- Fixed a bug in the mobile display of the article elements on the home page.