Windows Defender SmartScreen - File and Flash Player blockage problem
Jan 16, 2021
SmartScreen has become a part of Windows 10 OS, it was named as Windows Defender SmartScreen. It is useful to protect not just Edge, Internet Explorer browsers but also other applications such as third-party browsers, Email Client and Apps from malicious Web link attack, malicious Web download threat. Let us have a quick look into SmartScreen functionalities:
- Anti-phishing and anti-malware support. Microsoft Defender SmartScreen helps to protect users from sites that are reported to host phishing attacks or attempt to distribute malicious software.
- Prevent drive-by attacks. Drive-by attacks are web-based attacks that tend to start on a trusted site, targeting security vulnerabilities in commonly used software. Because drive-by attacks can happen even if the user does not click or download anything on the page, the danger often goes unnoticed.
- Reputation-based URL and app protection. Microsoft Defender SmartScreen evaluates a website's URLs to determine if they're known to distribute or host unsafe content. It also provides reputation checks for apps, checking downloaded programs and the digital signature used to sign a file. If a URL, a file, an app, or a certificate has an established reputation, users won't see any warnings. If, however, there's no reputation, the item is marked as a higher risk and presents a warning to the user.
- Improved heuristics and diagnostic data. Microsoft Defender SmartScreen is constantly learning and endeavoring to stay up to date, so it can help to protect you against potentially malicious sites and files.
- Blocking URLs associated with potentially unwanted applications. software that can cause your machine to run slowly, display unexpected ads, or at worst, install other software.
Please also mark the comments that contributed to the solution of the article
Printed on: November 30, 2021 at 22:11 o'clock