alex1604
Goto Top

Could not install windows

Hi im in croatia
and my frend got a problem with his computer!
on the computer is windows xp professional service pack 2 installed. but the computer is too slow ( Hardware information: Intel Pentium 4 Processor (2,5 GHz and 512 MB of Ram)
and he tryed to reinstall windows but if the drivers installed and the computer tell for "windows is starting up..." he hangs and show a blue screen with the technical information:

xxxStop: 0x00000007B (0xf8980524,0xc0000034,0x00000000,0x00000000)

we think its an hardware problem but do not know whitch kind of it
may everyone can help us

thanks
regards
Alexander Rose

Content-Key: 35613

Url: https://administrator.de/contentid/35613

Ausgedruckt am: 28.03.2024 um 21:03 Uhr

Mitglied: broecker
broecker 07.07.2006 um 18:40:52 Uhr
Goto Top
well, do you have the possibility to burn an CD:

www.ultimatebootcd.com have several checks for memory, harddisks etc.

if you have'n knoppix-like linux-live-cd please take this first, boot from it and type on boot-commandline only the word memtest (and return) to check the main memory,
check the memory with the standard test procedure for minimum twenty minutes if there's any error it's perhaps possible to slow down the memory in BIOS but normaly you shoud change it.

Please check the wires of the harddisk to the mainboard if it is full inside and not broken, rarrely this is possible to slow down without a full stop. CD/DVD-Drive and the harddisk shoud have 2 different IDE-cables for better performance, the harddisk an "UDMA"-IDE-cable, a modern type with 80 wires (or do you have SATA?).

Please feel free to send me a PM here,

Mark
Mitglied: alex1604
alex1604 13.07.2006 um 00:55:49 Uhr
Goto Top
hi,
thank you for support
Now is ok and instalation start becuase my frend disconnect both IDE cables from hard drive and from CD-ROM.
he connect new IDE cable (both hard drive and CD-ROM) he connect together to IDE1 on MBO.
he know that this is not good for performance, but he will keep like this becuase he think both cables from before have some error